"MINERAL PATHS" is a cross-border project for the development of tourism, which is implemented in partnership by the Municipality of Mineralni Bani (Haskovo region), the Association "Savremie" Sandanski, the Municipality of Miki (Xanthi Region, Greece), the Faculty of Philosophy of the Southwest University "Neofit Rilski" Blagoevgrad and Yakoruda Municipality (Blagoevgrad District). The project "MINERAL PATHS" ("Mineral Paths; Vacations and Nature with a blink") aims at the further development of tourism, tourist activities and the competitiveness of the cross-border region Bulgaria-Greece, as well as the creation of networks between the partners of the MINERAL PATHS Consortium .
The philosophy of "Mineral Trails" is to achieve sustainability and add value even after its completion. The results of the project activities contribute to a number of positive effects:
- Upskilling of tourism staff, homogenization of requirements, access to key markets and promotion of participation in networks with other companies;
- Creating jobs, increasing incomes, etc.;
- Development and implementation in the course of the project of the specific products contributing to the diversification of the tourism sector and causing a competitive advantage over other regions;
- Development of a "Guide" that informs all participants and visitors in the area of the MINERAL PATHS;
- Building official networks and tools (Action Plan, promotions, network operations, etc.) that can be used even after the project is completed. Informational materials on the project will continue along with the exploitation of the mineral springs and paths, the promotion of the mineral paths, the presentation of the spa traditions in the border regions, helping to attract more visitors, contributing to the development of tourism.
The main advantage is that through the MINERAL PATHS project, a fertile ground is created for the development of joint activities, a common identity and specific personalized tourist packages to support the area of the cross-border region. In this way, the advantages enjoyed by the target groups (tourists, tourism professionals, institutions, unemployed, etc.) create prerequisites for reaching new tourist markets.
MINERAL PATHS are being developed as a new specialized tourist product, shared and offered in the country and abroad.